Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Cooking in an Old Fashioned Kitchen



Whenever people  work on my house, they always start suggesting things that I could do to upgrade it. One of the plumbers thought that I should add a paved driveway and get new curtains. Several people have urged me to replace the windows.  One neighbor thought I should add on an upstairs. I like it this way. My mother taught me that the details of an older home are what give it charm and character. When people remodel little houses like these, they just end up looking like basic, nondescript apartments. There's nothing special about them anymore. 

Today I cooked up some more of the round steak. The first one I forgot to tenderize. It still tasted delicious. The second one I pounded into a cube steak. I beat it on both sides with a wooden mallet, and then marinated it in some frozen lemon juice that I had saved from my neighbor's Meyer lemon tree. I will cook it tomorrow.  I also baked a few potatoes in my vintage toaster oven, and boiled some fresh artichokes from the garden. They are so tender and flavorful. 

My vintage washing machine and dryer are also in the kitchen. I remember the days when I had to go to the laundromat, so I really appreciate having them. I line dry my clothes to save energy and money. I think this kitchen is very spacious for a 567 square foot home. The bathroom is quite large, too. I love the layout. I really lucked out, finding this little cottage when I did. It's so much fun to restore. My friend Mark phoned me the other day and told me that his mother remarked out of the blue, "Stephenie's little house is so cute; I hope that I get to see it someday." I was so flattered and touched. She is the lady that ordered a cashmere hat and scarf from my Etsy shop last year.

Do you spend much time in your kitchen?  Does the design work for you?

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar