Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

More of the Same

A horrible thing happens to human psychology when something goes on sale, namely we manage to overlook the basic unsuitability of an item and other flaws as soon as it gets slapped with a discounted tag. Or maybe that's just me. Related to that, I think I will have attained makeup transcendence when I embrace the fact I already have too much, and accept that what looks good on others or by itself doesn't necessarily look good on me. And then not buy it.

Unfortunately, last week was not one where any of those points where observed. I managed to buy Revlon's Top Speed nail polish in Peachy, Face of Australia Lip Quench lipstick in Pink Champagne, BYS Longwear Lipstick in Beautifully Bare, Sportsgirl Nail It! nail polishes in Fresh, Iceberg and Cornflower, and a compact mirror from Cotton On Body. I also bought the Simba blazer from Cotton On in Desert Blush, but only because it was the only colour in my size though I really wanted the black.



l-r: Sportsgirl Nail It! Cornflower, Iceberg, Fresh


l-r: Face of Australia Lip Quench in Pink Champagne, BYS Longwear Lipstick in Beautifully Bare

Need to stop buying the same products over and over again: blue-based pink lipstick, nude lipstick and pastel nail polish (mint, baby blue, peach). I've been wearing Cornflower on my nails since I bought it, a bright medium blue which could probably be a little more on the periwinkle side rather than primary blue. Still, it's a vibrant hue that adds a pop of colour while still being relatively toned down for a bright. Face of Australia Pink Champagne was a lipstick that I've had my eye on for a while, but resisted buying until now. Even at 20% off, I have way too many similar shades to warrant the purchase. It looks quite yellow-based in the tube, but once worn is more of a slightly sheer, pastel purplish-pink which doesn't complement my colouring. On the other hand, BYS Beautifully Bare is one of the more wearable nudes I've come across, with its warm pink tone undertone. The bow-decorated compact mirror was a bargain at $2 and is reasonably sized for travel. It beats the smaller Sportsgirl one I purchased for more than triple the price, which has a magnifying side that I try to avoid at all times.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar