So I could tell you about how I was soaping myself in the shower this morning when the water stopped running. I know, not a pretty picture. I was mightily annoyed. Fortunately water was still running to the sink so I could rectify the matter with some difficulty. Breakfast was a rather ‘Faulty Towers’ version too. Needless to say we escaped as quickly as we could and continued on our southward journey.
Motorways were relatively empty so we got to Penrith by lunchtime. A perfect place to park up and mooch their old fashioned town. I even found a wool shop and made a couple of purchases. Skye was sadly lacking in wool shops much to my disappointment. We wandered round the ruins of Penrith castle before hitting the road once again for the last stint. Now we are just south of Lancaster in a small hotel set on a canal. We visited here on several occasions when youngest was at uni in Lancaster. The picture above is the view from our bedroom window. You can see why we love this place and so close to the M6 too. Sitting in the bedroom I am reminiscing about all the previous times we were here. The long walks along the canal. The meals too, making sure youngest was fattened up before leaving him for the term. Happy times.
My first job on arrival was to have a long luxurious bath ( can’t think why?). Now I’m summoning up the energy to head along the canal. Guess what the sun is out down here and a glorious 17°. I haven’t been so warm in days! I’ll be back tomorrow. Hope all going well in your corner.
Barbara xxx


0 Yorumlar